Over Thanksgiving break, my family- well my parents, johnny, paige and me, went to Oregon where we stay in my grandparents vacant house. It's a quaint little place decorated in the finest old style. There happen to be small quotes and thoughts EVERYWHERE. I've been thinking about a few today.
On the fridge there is a small rectangular paper, about 1"x2", written in my grandma's familiar shaky writing that says:
"Wear it out, fix it up, make it do, or do without."
Now I don't know why I like this, but I do. It's just a nice saying.
Next, hanging on the upstairs bathroom wall, a poem by Edgar Allen Poe(at least I'm pretty sure its him)titled Myself
"I have to live with myself and so, I want to be fit for myself to know. I want to be able as days go by, always to look myself straight in the eye. I don't want to stand with the setting sun and hate myself for the things I've done."
Think about that. Apply it to your life. This poem has influenced my life and the choices I make immensely. Honestly, live with no regrets. How terrible will it be at the judgment day when you regret things you've done. Be honest with yourself. Its the way to go. Trust me.
Lastly, this one isn't in my grandma's house, but its a quote by Dr. Seuss that i got on a bookmark in 5th or 6th grade.
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
That has to be one of the greatest quotes of all time. Its quite self explanitory so just think about it, I'm not going to offer my insight.
Just some random thoughts to live by. Enjoy
Cowbell I love the poem. Thank you for the insight! You're amazing.
ReplyDelete