I'm sorry, this is all that I have been blogging about lately but its kinda all I've thought about. In sunday school on Sunday this quote was read from the manual. Here it is with my interjections added.
Elder Boyd K. Packer said:
“Shortly after I was called as a General Authority, I went to Elder Harold B. Lee for counsel. He listened very carefully to my problem and suggested that I see President David O. McKay. President McKay counseled me as to the direction I should go[I've recieved counsel to what I need to do]. I was very willing to be obedient but saw no way possible for me to do as he counseled me to do[exactly. How can I do this?!?! That is exactly what has been running through my mind].
“I returned to Elder Lee and told him that I saw no way to move in the direction I was counseled to go[mmhmm]. He said, ‘The trouble with you is you want to see the end from the beginning.’ I replied that I would like to see at least a step or two ahead[well yeah.. I'm soo apprehensive as to what will happen next!]. Then came the lesson of a lifetime: ‘You must learn to walk to the edge of the light, and then a few steps into the darkness; then the light will appear and show the way before you’ [which is just the lesson I need to learn]” (“The Edge of the Light,” BYU Today, Mar. 1991, 22–23).
Thanks Brother {he who shall not be named} for reading that to us. I was like "what?! thats exactly what I'm doing!" Oh and I think you're going to do an incredible job at teaching us. I know you're scared to embark on this journey, but seriously, after that first lesson I'm looking foward to every other week when you get to teach us. It's okay that you've only recently reactivated, I think you're great!
In other news- my nephew was born saturday night just before midnight. yes sir, he's a definite keeper:)
The picture of your nephew was ADORABLE! And I hope you get all you problems worked out cause you deserve to be a happy camper! Oh and P.S. if you ever need help with anything I would love to help :)
ReplyDeleteI love that quote it was shared in my sunday school too. weird. the church is true. you rule. rock on. with your socks on. don't be so sad. GET GLAD! music is grand. keep trekin to the promised land. be who are. that shining star. That lives within. don't sin. never give up. don't drink from the bitter cup. me gusta tu barba. goodnight to yarba.
ReplyDelete