Well I haven't blogged for a little bit. So here it goes.
It seems like everyone and their dog is reading this week. I love it. There's a bunch of girls starting a book club and I am thoroughly enamored with the idea. I can't wait.
Yesterday and Monday I read a book called When Crickets Cry by Charles Martin thanks to a tip off from Hannah. Wow. This book was incredible. READ IT! I've only cried in two books- HP6 (when Dumbledore dies) and this one. It's a novel about the heart- both figuratively and literally. It starts out with a small girl named Annie selling lemonade on the street when the narrator Reese Mitch buys some from her and notices the tip of a scar peeking out from behind her yellow dress. He realizes more about it than he says. The novel is their journey together to mend Annie's physical heart and heal Reese's emotional heart. Its such a tear jerker. Like really. But it's so worth it. It probably has earned a spot in my top 5 books of all time.
Also I'm done with school. Done with it. I don't even carry around lined paper anymore. Chemistry and English are my only two classes I'm even doing anything in and they're easy peasy.
Hey guess what- I want a kindle or a nook color. wanna buy me one? k thanks:)
well this concludes the lamest post of all time. except you really should read the book. and summer can't come quick enough.
mechale lauren
oh yeah- anyone have any reallly good books to read? I mean really good. Like ones where you come away thinking about something worth while. those kind. if you do- let me know. i think you're awesome
seriously... read stargirl... or you die.
ReplyDeleteMy mom LOVED When Crickets Cry. I think I'll be reading that one soon.
ReplyDeleteThe Book Thief is MIND BLOWING. Criss Cross. FIRE OF THE COVENANT. -- like Work and the Glory but 10x better. All Quiet on the Western Front. Uh... I'll let you know if I think of any others. :)
Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom. So great. And ps-I put this book on my list! yay! And my kindle is wonderful. You NEEED one.
ReplyDeleteAnything by Jodi Picoult I bet you would love. Especially My Sister's Keeper. I have almost all her books- I will bring you some of my favorites!
ReplyDelete