9.09.2011

She's Got a Boyfriend Now

I hate choosing titles so thats just the song I'm currently listening to. No, I or anyone else around me has a boyfriend now. But lets get to it-

BYU's department of High School Relations called a few weeks ago and wanted to set up an appointment for me to come down and meet with a counselor and go on a tour of BYU's campus. It was really great actually. I met with the counselor and he was awesome! He was very informative and personable. I found out that they aren't going to require the writing portion of the ACT for the class of 2012 so I don't have to retake it!! tight. After he gave his spiel (and gave me a BYU hoodie and two tickets to the Holy War next saturday and $30 worth of food in the stadium) my mom and I were ushered onto a tour with Rhett Wimmer. okay he was HILARIOUS. And knew the most random facts about the Y. I guess it is his job but it impressive. We happened to run into Jordan about half way through so he jumped on the golf cart and rode along for the rest of the time. After the tour we headed over to the Crabtree to meet with Dr. Fullwood of the Mechanical Engineering department. He is also a materials guy which was why we met with him. He let me know that although BYU doesn't have a materials engineering degree, you can get the education to go into that at the Y by going into mechanical engineering and specializing in materials.. So that was good to know.

My whole purpose in going down to meet with them was to see whether or not I could rule out BYU as an option and based on my time down there, there's no way I can rule it out. Number 1- I felt like they really want Mechale Maxwell at BYU. I don't have any friends that have been treated the same way I was when I went down. I was basically guaranteed a 4 year tuition scholarship and they said I'm a likely contender for the Monson (1.5 times tuition for 4 years). BYU also has huge research opportunities for undergrad students. It really is a great environment. One thing my tour guide said that really stood out was that at BYU there's only truth. There isn't a division between secular truth and spiritual truth because to God there's only truth whether it be physical or spiritual laws. I like that- there's only truth.

But now I'm more confused than ever. I've pretty well narrowed my choices down to BYU or the U. I'm planning on meeting with the U here coming soon and I'll be able to make a better decision. But i'm just confused right now. Yes I'm praying and yes I have faith that everything will work out for good but I just wished I knew now. I know that will come though, I just have to be patient.

As a casual update- life is good. I'm busier than ever and I'm rarely home. I replied to homecoming last night. I'm going with Jameson Poulton. He's a sophomore but he's way cool and I'm way excited (our whole group is seniors and a lot of my good friends so don't worry, it won't be a sophomore group or anything ha ha). The BHS vs. Viewmont game is tonight.. don't tell anyone, but I'm way nervous! Johnny's in Guatemala, WHAT?! crazy. I miss him.

Also, Homecoming week is in less than two weeks... We're freaking out in Student Gov. AHH!!

anyway, thats all I have to say, so see ya!

mechale lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment