Two posts in two days? That's pretty dang good for me! But I needed to finish up some thoughts from the last post.
Last night was one of the best nights of my entire life. It was the all night party. It was just straight up fun. There were blow up slides, obstacle courses, bounce house, photo booth, aeroball, a cash cube (I won $10... haha yesssss), ukelele instruction, scooters, ping pong, racquetball, manicure station, hair cuts, massages, rifle and golf simulators, FOOOODDDD.. games, and best of all- some of my very best friends. I spent time with so many random people! It was wonderful. I completed dares, signed meaningful messages in yearbooks, lounged, laughed, got super loopy, watched rap battles, boys waxing random body parts, danced my heart out, saw some stupid human tricks, played in the sand by the volcano (don't ask), ya know. Basically had the best night of my life. And no, I never once fell asleep I was strong from 8 am Friday until 8 am Saturday:) that's the first 24 hours I've ever gone without a single wink of sleep. I have to say though that the best part of the night occurred at about 6:30 in the morning. The party ended at 5 but me and a bunch of friends hung around to help clean up. We then all got talking and realized that we'd never been up to the roof! So what did we do? We went up there. I wish that I could describe the magic of the moment. It was possibly the most beautiful thing I've ever had the pleasure of witnessing. The entire sky (not just the east side) was lit up with pinks and oranges as the sun began is ascent into the sky. It was awe inspiring and breathtaking. I can't think of a better way to end my high school experience. I wish the pictures we took would do it justice. But it simply cannot. I was so inspired.
Then we went up to Alec's before going to breakfast at 7. But here's the thing, Madi, Nicole and I ended up just sleeping in Nicole's car until everyone else got back. It was sort of a bizarre situation but it was fun. I was dead asleep in the middle of the road at first and then they woke me up and made me get in the car. We were out cold when other people got back. Addy, Tanner and Duke found us first and jumped into the back seat on top of Madi. Then Alec heard a commotion outside his house and so decided to join us by laying across Nicole and I. It honestly was so fun. We were in there for almost an hour just talking. Tons of Alec's neighbors walked by and gave us some pretty good looks.. It was so funny. Finally, they all left and so Madi, Nicole and I went down to Nicole's for breakfast and then we slept from 10 until 3. My internal clock is so off right now.
Before we went our separate ways (for a little while at least) we made a summer bucket list. I must say- it's going to be a great summer. I am so excited. Graduation has been an incredible thing. It's still completely surreal that I'm actually done with BHS, but I can't wait for what the future holds.
I started my senior year with a sunrise with all the seniors marking the beginning of a new year. We ended on Wednesday with a sunset signaling the close of an incredible era. Starting this morning- the first of my life after high school- with a magnificent sunrise was awe inspiring. Some of the best years of my life haven't even happened yet. I look forward to them and whatever life has in store for me with hope.
mechale lauren
No comments:
Post a Comment