Finally, things are settling into normal and I'm extremely happy. I had two dates this week and two possibly three next week. I'm doing well in my classes (even if I have never had so much homework in my life). I have close friends and do lots fun stuff with them. I'm finally here on the weekends and able to get involved in my ward here. It seriously is such a relief. I'm becoming a much better person than I was before.
That last one is what I've been thinking about the most on this Sunday. The Brigham City temple dedication was today. I don't live with anyone who is active in the church. So I go to church alone. It would have been so easy today to just not go to church since it was the dedication, not that I would want to, just that it would be easy because there is no one to go with, notice that I'm not there, whatever. But I went and sat by myself and thoroughly enjoyed it. I love making my own decisions and doing what's right not because people around me are or that it's expected but because its what I do and what I want to do. I know that my testimony has gotten stronger and I'm definitely a stronger person because of my decision to move out and go to the U.
I love Sundays. Its such a relaxing day to forget about all the worries and issues I have during the week. I'm so grateful for this day! All of my roommates are in and out all Sunday (shopping, homework, sorority things, getting groceries) but I have made it a priority to keep this day holy and that seriously has made all the difference. I don't feel as stressed, and I am able to just relax and regroup. I have never loved Sunday's so much.
Life is good right now. My life here is finally real. I'm not holding on to Bountiful and my friends there anymore. I live in Salt Lake and it's so nice to finally have friends here to do things with. Seriously, joining a sorority has been by far the best decision I've made in college so far. I have an automatic friend group, I've made so many more connections than I ever would have. It keeps me busy. There's something to do almost everyday. I love it.
Oh I love college. I've been kinda back and forth with the whole thing but now, it really is all so great. And I'm happy.
mechale lauren
No comments:
Post a Comment