2.25.2010

Feat #1- Complete

WE TOOK REGION!!!
Oh and by we, I mean the Bountiful Boys Basketball team. AHH! I don't think you will ever understand my joy. Ever.

So in case you were wondering, this team is made up of purely juniors and sophomores. They started pre-season with a record of 4-5.. thats not too impressive. But what do you expect from a team of juniors? So we began regular season. Game 1: against Highland. I'll be honest, I was slightly worried. But we won 44-42. A nail biter! And so we continued winning. And then came Friday, February 5th. We had to go play Woods Cross. At WX. Oh bother. That was such a stressful night. We were playing so well, but then we lost by one point. One point! Our perfect record (in region that is) was down the drain. But we were back on our feet for our next games against Stansbury, East, and Tooele. Don't even worry about it- they were all wins:) So by this time our record is 10-1. Olympus' record is 10-1. Tuesday night was a showdown between us and Olympus for the region title! They'd won 4 of the past 5 region titles. We'd won 4 of the last 5 region titles. So the game began. At the end of the first quarter we were down by 8-13. But did that stop us? NO! At the end of the half we had narrowed their lead to only two points. So the second half began and in the 4th quarter we were up by 11 points. I was completely blissed out up in the student section. But oh no, Olympus wasn't going to give it to us that easily. They made a huge comeback and came within 3 points with only a few seconds left. McKay LaSalle got fouled and made one free throw. That sealed the deal!! they couldn't do it. We became Region VI Champions!! 5 years in a row! And we were a team of juniors against a team of seniors! Sweet victory.

So we clinched the title. And now comes state. The BEST week of the entire year in my humble opinion:) For a JV team, I think we have a pretty decent shot, so we'll see where the boys can take us! This team is amazing. If you didn't already know, Natalie, Hannah, Caddy and Me have all kept the score and helped manage the JV and Sophomore teams. It's been so fun, I've loved every second of it! Honestly, these boys are so fun to watch and be around. They're just incredible. I love them to death and have complete faith in them this coming week. If you ask me, I think we'll do pretty great!

mechalelauren

No comments:

Post a Comment