3.09.2010

Really?

So I love pictures.

Let me just throw that out there. So two summers ago I saved all my money so I could buy myself a camera. and i succeeded! but then the most tragic thing happened. Let me recount the event.

So I was up in Oregon, headed to the beach:) oh love. So I told everyone in the car that my camera was in the pocket behind the drivers seat. But then my little sister needed somewhere to put her capri sun, so she put it in there and I said "oh no you don't" but she promised she'd keep her eye on it so it wouldn't spill on my camera. So I trusted her. As we arrived at the beach I took out my camera and guess what. It was completely covered in a sticky, sugary fruit juice.. UGH!!! really? So I proceeded to clean it off and by some miracle it still functioned perfectly. Praises. So we head down this quaint little trail to the beach and I have my camera and a boogie board in one hand and a million other things in my other hand. Finally the ocean is in view! oh beaut. And there was the most beautiful picture opportunity so I nimbly took my camera and took some stunning pictures. After that I put my camera away and I got ready to continue down the final sand dune when suddenly someone ripped the boogie board out of my hand and sent my precious camera tumbling to the sand. power still on and everything. Pause: bear in mind that it is still sticky from the capri sun accident. Resume: oh dear. My poor poor camera was then covered in sand so I blew it off gently but the damage had been done. There is sand all inside my camera. It works just great, except for the fact that the lens won't focus or open very well:( tragic I know.

So I have yet to fix it, but I plan on taking a look at it tomorrow so I'll let you know how it goes.

Now the reason I brought this whole thing up is because I'm feeling a lack of pictures on my blog. I'm quite depressed over it... But no fear! I'm getting on the problem:) I feel bad, I have a camera, yet I have completely failed to capture my sophomore year through photos. ugh.. oh well.

oh fyi, my fixing-the-camera-plan-by-blowing-the-sand-out failed.

No comments:

Post a Comment