I love people. Yes, there are definitely things that really bother me in some people but why would that make you say you hate someone? Why would you say you hate how judgemental this person is. Doesn't that just make you judgemental? I don't get it. I know this seems very arbitrary, but it's been on my mind today.
Oh and speaking of people, I'd like to share with you a little 20 seconds of my life that made my day today. So I was out of class (with a hall pass of course) because I had to take something to my car. As I was walking down the 3rd floor hall I saw these two guys talking to some teacher. I know who these boys are but I guarantee they don't know me. So I was planning on just walking past, minding my own business when one of them smiles and waves at me. So I wore a cute little smile and waved back. Then he proceeded to tell the teacher/me, "she's really pretty" and the teacher said, "yes, she is really pretty" so I said a cute little "thanks:)" (I guess everything I did was just cute and little haha). Now I know this sounds so dumb and you're probably thinking to yourself self-centered much? But you have to know today I felt TERRIBLE! I woke up late, showered, braided my hair, pulled on jeans and a sweatshirt, put on mascara and tried to stay awake through all my classes, all the while feeling like I looked like a disaster victim. To hear this guy tell me that really made me feel so much better about my day. So thanks ______.
Yesterday I had a debate tournament, first of the season! I competed in JV Impromptu. I haven't given an impromptu speech since last november so I went into it so unprepared! First round I had to speak on the quote "Don't go through life, grow through it" -Erik Butterworth. Now this was actually a really easy quote, but I bombed my speech. And I felt so bad about myself because I didn't really try and I regret that. Then came round two and I spoke on the topic Imagination. Redemption! I felt really good about this round! And there was this guy in there who is from England and has a British accent. Score. Then came round three. The dreaded current event round. I looked at the 3 topics I was given. Haiti, Wind Farms and Distracted Driving. So of course I went for the last one! It was so good! I had so many great captivating stories and took up the full 7 minutes! I was really feeling good now! (sidenote: British boy was in there too!) But I really felt bad about my first round because that one eliminated me from placing:( So while we waited for awards Bountiful's debate team had so much fun! Ahh go Nick Johnson for organizing games. In Layton High's foyer they have a diamond shaped logo in the carpet so what did we do? Played BASEBALL!! It was so fun! I took my shoes off because they were heels and hard to play in and then my toe got sliced open. So my debate friends Hannah, Natalie, Nick, and Kim carried me to go find a band-aid while making siren noises.. We caused quite a scene. Then FINALLY we had awards. In the JV impromptu category they awarded 2 finalists befor the top 3 and I was a finalist! I was shocked! I didn't place, but I did a lot better than I thought I would! So that was that.
Today in English we did lots and lots of grammar. I've never liked grammar until this class. Go Gardener.
Calculus. I love calculus. Everyday it gets better and better. More and more challenging. And I adore it. I also love helping people with their math. Nerdy? Probably, but I'm okay with it.
By the way my nephew is growing too fast. Good thing I see him in approximately 2 months! hmmm.. thought. Maybe I should skype my sister and nephew. That's almost like face to face. Erin?
mechale lauren
No comments:
Post a Comment