11.13.2010

Thats how I feel about you

"Well she was wearing a skirt and he thought she looked nice,
and yeah, she didn't really care about anything else
because she only wanted him to think she looked nice.
And he did."
-Kate Nash, "Birds"

How true is that? Well sometimes. I know that looking good for someone isn't the most important thing, but really, think about it, we all do it. I definitely do it. A LOT. hahah the things we do for boys...

This song is my favorite right now. Its darling. And Kate Nash's british accent is right nice. I also love her style. Her lyrics aren't super rhymey or anything. They just tell a simple story. I HIGHLY reccommend her. For "Birds" listen here

Anyways, enough music musings. Sometimes I hate my best friends. Not really, but really. I'm not getting into that here though. I just needed to throw that out there.

And then there are those others. Best friends but somehow casually thrown to the side. Yet always in the forefront. There are two in particular who have saved me tonight when those other friends weren't there. They are my cousin Jessica and she-who-must-not-be-named-in-this-post:)

My cousin Jessica(the one in my profile picture over yonder ----->) is the most caring person I know. She truly is one of my best friends. I feel so lucky to have her in my life. She knows more about me than anyone else. Really though. There are many things I've never told anyone but her. I know she will never judge me or look down on me. She just cares. I know she loves me and is happy for me when things are looking up and takes my sorrow when I'm feeling down. I don't know how many times I've texted her randomly when something's not right and not a minute later she responds with an honest caring reply. Like tonight. I miss her so much. Now that she's in college I don't see her nearly as much as I used to. I look up to her so much. I'm so grateful families can be together forever.

Next is she-who-must-not-be-named-in-this-post. I don't even know how to adequately express how much she means in my life. We've definitely had our ups and downs as friends. Honestly, sometimes I wonder how we've remained such good friends. We've managed to get through some tough times. She's one person I know I can always go to for anything. She knows how to get mad when I'm mad but gently bring me back to reality. I love her. Really, there are so many other things I could say about her but I won't bore you with those details. I hope she knows how grateful I am that we're friends. She's blessed my life in countless ways. I feel like she does WAY more for me than I ever do for her. Thanks she-who-must-not-be-named-in-this-post:)

mechale lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment