4.24.2011

Easter 2011

Do I love Easter? -Why yes I do.
Is it my favorite holiday? -It sure is.
Why is it my favorite? -It has none of the stress of Christmas, it involves family get togethers, a morning of surprises, I get to sing my favorite hymn at church (#199- He Is Risen) and learn more about my Savior, Jesus Christ.

Today in Young Women's, we had a silent lesson. I'm kinda a big fan of quiet lessons, not all the time, just every once in a while. My teacher Sister Lauti had prepared a power point presentation complete with music, a corresponding booklet and time to record our thoughts. It was wonderful. Go silent lessons full of the Spirit. I loved it.

On a more secular note, Easter was so fun today! Christmas and Easter are so much fun even now when all my siblings are older. After church we went on our annual easter egg hunt. We all get soo into it, its a bit ridiculous. We know all the previous year's hiding spots, the most difficult ones, the obvious ones (in the piano and behind the knife holder(? whatever it's called). But frankly, it was an extremely difficult hunt. There is still one egg missing that my parents can't even find. They're definitely losing their minds, they can't even remember where they hid eggs only a few hours before haha. Next year, they're writing down all the spots.

Here's an amusing little ditty. So last night Chris, Paige and I wanted to go rent HP7. We waited until 10 because during the last hour Top Hat is open movies are only 50 cents. So 9:50 rolled around and it was time to go! So we went to ask the parentals for permission and we were DENIED! what?! So Chris was getting all upset and saying, "this is RIDICULOUS," and such but then it was over. So fast forward to this morning. There was one extra egg hidden- "the big green one." Of course Chris, the most competitive when it comes to hunts like this, found this egg. Inside was a little note that said-

"Look for that which shelters
From the cold, wind and rain,
And your search will be magical,
Not in vain."

Good clue Dad, haha a bit cheesy but whatever, I got a good chuckle out of it. So when we finally figured out what the cryptic clue meant we found a present! Woot! and guess what it was- I'll give you a clue, our search indeed ended magically! haha HP7!! Apparently my Dad felt way bad last night because he had to tell us no to renting the movie and Chris was a bit irritated.

So really, thats a pretty lame story but it was definitely a memorable moment from Easter 2011!

well, HAPPY EASTER! Its only the best holiday everrr.

mechale lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment