April 28, 2010: SLC, UT- coming home from my grandma's funeral in Oregon.
July 21, 2010: Logan, UT- At a family reunion in Bear Lake
July 22, 2010: Provo, UT- At a family reunion in Bear Lake
November 5, 2010: SLC, UT- Finally at the concert
In the past 6 months, He Is We, my favorite band, has been to Utah 4 times and finally last night I was able to see them live at the venue after a year of obsession. Honestly, It was one of the most insanely incredible concerts I've ever been to. I loved every second of it. From the first opener Allred (soo good) to the second opener He Is We (Best eeverr!) to the main act The Rocket Summer(absloutely incredible) it was a night I'll never forget. Luckily my brother Jordan had bought tickets early and because he couldn't go, gave them to me. If that hadn't happened I wouldn't have gotten in. My friends Hannah, Natalie, Nick and Jason couldn't get in because the concert sold out! So thank you Jordan for the tickets!! It was the best night of my life.
There's something about a tiny club filled to the max with people and acoustic music. And He Is We live is beautiful. She sings with such feeling and emotion. The lyrics mean so much more to me now hearing them live. It was so fun being with 5 other crazily obsessed girls. Belting every word of every song and dancing like no one was watching. K, this sounds so dumb but I was just in the moment haha, you'd understand if you were there.
Also, I had a slightly awkward moment. So I was standing by one of the girls I was with who is also in love with the band and she suddenly told me to turn around. So I turned and squeezing past us was Rachel, Trevor and the other people of he is we. So I kinda missed Rachel, but just as Trevor was passing I said quietly to Jorgen, "Ahh thats Trevor," right as I accidently hit him on the shoulder. So he turned around and I didn't know what to do so I awkwardly said "hi" haha oh man i felt soo stupid, but it was way funny!
Then the Rocket Summer. So its just one guy, Bryce Avary, and he plays every instrument. Acoustic and Electric guitars, keyboard, harmonica, bass, drums, the works. He was so good too! I was a little worried that he wouldn't sound as good as his cd's but my expectations were far surpassed. He was way better live! I loved every second of it.
All in all, it was an amazing concert. I loved every second. Oh and He is We finally set a date and said their debut album will be out before Christmas! yessss.
mechale lauren
p.s. the post title was my favorite song he is we played last night
YAYYYY I'm so happy you finally got to see them:)
ReplyDelete