I first met him(I've just decided it's a boy) today at the Utah Flute Association Festival. Very enlightening actually. After workshops, they had TONS of flutes to try and experiment on. I tried many excellent flutes. Some around $10,000.. super expensive. But none compared to my Muramatsu. Not even the more expensive Muramatsus. This might be a strange way to explain a sound, but it has such an emotional sound. It was easy to get a full range of color out of my playing. My tone has never sounded so good. Other flutes I tried felt awkward and uncomfortable in my hands but not little 65812. It was beautiful. He's all I've thought about today. I realize how bizarre and psychotic this all sounds but its true. Every bit of it.

I'm in love with a flute. Yeah, strange, I know.
oh and he has a beautiful crown.
mechale lauren
p.s. I've knocked 1.5 more books off my book list. Half of The Color Purple and The Five People You Meet in Heaven. Both good. The Color Purple is very heavy.. both left a lot to be thought about. But I really like The Five People You Meet in Heaven.
I have been meaning to comment on this for days now...
ReplyDeleteyou are quite possibly my favorite person ever ha ha. I hope you get that flute! I just realized that I have heard you talk about playing flute many times but I have never actually heard you. That has to change soon. It must.