Bountiful (rank 3) vs. Springville (rank 1)
Alright folks. I witnessed some excellent basketball tonight. Truly excellent. First off was Highland vs. Payson. I thought it would be an extremely tough game but alas, Highland was far superior. Go Rams!
Next up was our game. Today I wasn't nearly as antsy as I was on Tuesday. I didn't want to think about the game and I didn't until a little before it started. I stood silent in the stands. I started thinking again of what we needed to do and how we were going to accomplish it. The game started off in a great way. My big brother, number 25, John Maxwell made 5 points.. mmm. yea boy. Then Nick made a lay-up. 7-0. Then Mckay scored. 9-0. And from there Springville never made much headway. They didn't come within 4 points ever, if I recall correctly. Wonderful:) Final score- 51-37 Braves. As a matter of interest, Mckay finished with 25 freaking points. Yeah, no big deal.
Now we knew we were advancing to the Semi Finals tomorrow, but who would we play? Olympus or Woods Cross? Of course I stayed for that game as well. Woods Cross took command of the first half! I was cheering for WX the whole time.. as weird as that sounds. Believe me, it was hard. But I really wanted to play them in the Semis! Can you imagine? A rival that huge for a spot in the final game?! Crazy. So I was quite happy with WX's lead. But Olympus is a great team! They came back fiercer than before. They took the lead in the fourth quarter 53-52. From there, it was back and forth the rest of the game with no lead larger than 2 points. Finally it was down to the wire. The score was 65-64 for Olympus with 15 seconds left. Wildcat ball. I have never wanted success for Woods Cross so badly. Little Hunsaker(as I fondly call him) shot the jump shot.. AND MADE IT!!! It was crazy!! 66-65 WX with 7 seconds left. They played solid defense down the court, and even with Olympus' final attempt at a shot, won! Bankowski left the game with 32 points.
B-town vs. WX tomorrow. 5:30. Dee Events Center. Semi-Finals.
Now here's the trick. Its an extremely heated crosstown rivalry game. We've beat them handedly twice this season, but emotions and adrenaline will be running high. This will be a game for the ages. We know how to win- Double team Bankowski. But will we? My answer is a resounding YES! I can't wait. The arena will be packed. It goes without saying that tomorrow I won't be concentrating at school. Not a chance with our season riding on this game. Take deep breaths, Mechale.
If we beat Woods Cross (like we will), we'll be playing either Highland or Lehi in the finals, but most likely Highland. And that game will not be easy. But these boys are up for the challenge. They are the best team I've seen out of Bountiful in a while. We're ready for the win. First B-town 4A boys basketball state championship.
But I'm not getting ahead of myself and counting my chickens before they hatch. We have to solid games to play in the next two days. Mmhmm.
By the way, 3 of 4 teams in the semis are all from our region. That says a whole lot about Region 6 basketball.
Go Braves. Beat the Cats.
mechale lauren
No comments:
Post a Comment