2.24.2011

Sweethearts 2011

So yeah, the dance was a few weeks ago but at least I'm posting about it now, right?

Sweethearts/Jr. Prom was seriously the best dance I've been to! It was so funn. It was way funny because Johnny was in my group. Apparently it was causing some grief because Kade wanted to ask me but he was in Johnny's group and Johnny didn't want to be in the same group as me haha, but no worries, he bucked up and realized that it's just fine to be in the same group as his little sister:) Good thing, too, because going with Kade was so much fun!

Asking/Answering- So the way Kade asked me was such an inside joke so none of you readers out there will think its that great haha but I thought it was hilarious! He gave me a little stuffed owl with a scroll attached that had a Ravenclaw crest on the outside. Inside, there was a little poem asking me to the dance with the letters K, A, D, and E bolded. Basically, we both love Harry Potter and we're Ravenclaws. The owl is where the inside joke comes in but I don't want to explain it.. its dumb haha. So to answer I wrote him a letter (sealed with wax, mind you) that basically said if you want to know my answer turn to such and such page in HP4 and look at line something. At that part of the book, Fred Weasley is asking Angelina to the dance and on that line Angelina says "Alright then." So that was my answer! Oh and I made cookies because boys like food so I always give some sort of food.

The Dress- So let me just brag for a moment. I found my dress at TJ Maxx. It was on clearance for $30, the shoes were on clearance for $10. Cheap. Oh wait- my mom had $30 to TJ Maxx so it was less that $12 with tax. Score. My parents were so happy with me:) Haha but the dress could not have been more perfect! I loved it! It's so me. And its so cute and slightly more casual without the jacket and just a white shirt under it. I'll wear it forever. Love that.

The Dinner- We didn't have a day activity, but for dinner, we went to Oakridge. It was delicious. The best part was our waiter Jordan Dennis. It sounds way dumb, but we were playing a "guess the waiters name" the whole time haha. He's also a biology teacher at Northridge or something like that.

All the girls got roses and everyone got chocolates.. very valentinesy(yeah, I know, not a word). Okay, the bathrooms at Oakridge are INSANE. They had hairspray, lotion, deodorant.. anything a girl could possibly need in a bathroom haha!

The Dance- The dance was at Rice Eccles Stadium. Such a cool place for a dance. It's up high and the entire West wall is glass so there's an awesome view of good ol' Salt Lake City. Okay enough about the venue. The dance itself was crazy fun! I loved every second of it! Crazy dancing, fun people, ya know.

After- After the dance, we went to Jeffrey's and just hung out and ate food. Way fun.

The entire dance was full of little sibling remarks by everyone- especially at dinner because we sat at the same table. I don't know how many times I got asked if it was awkward being in the same group as my brother. Come on, we're siblings.. if anything that should mean it's not awkward! Well at least for me it wasn't haha!

Me and the handsome brother:)


Me and the handsome date:)




Good times. Good times.

mechale lauren

5 comments:

  1. you look AMAZING. seriously gorgeous. and that dress is perfect on you! you scored big time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute dress, and love that Johnny is already practicing the "missionary stance" in the picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh my gosh. mechale bell you are gorgeous. i love love love love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are stunning. wow. um, can I borrow that dress... and the shoes :) so wishing I lived a wee bit closer right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You my friend...are beautiful. Seriously. Looks so fun girly and I can't wait to hear more about it soon! Your face beautiful, the dress is beautiful, everything about you ha ha:) I'm glad you had such a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete