There, I said it. Now bring on the criticism from my family(minus my red-to-the-core grandpa). Its not because I want to be different. Its not because I'm a rebel and don't want the safety and conservatism of BYU. Its because I feel like I can get a great education at the U. As far as Engineering goes, the U has a much larger, more funded program. I know that I wouldn't have to pay a cent to go there. Plus, I already have a lot of connections in Engineering with the U.
But I'm not going to lie, it scares me. Probably because of all the stereotypes about the U that I've been subject to my whole life. But its not a bad school by any means. Its a GREAT school.
Its entirely possible I'll change my mind, I haven't even taken the ACT yet! But if I had to choose right now, I'd go to the U. When I seriously think about going to the Y, I can't see myself there. I'm sure I'd have a great experience and really enjoy it, but when I envision myself there, it doesn't seem like what I want. I'll admit that part of it is because I have SO much family there and I kinda want my own experience. Then I imagine myself up at Utah State and I cannot see it at all. I think it sounds like a blast and a half, but I want to go to college to be excited about going to classes and labs and working hard, not just having fun(although I do want to have fun of course!). Then I imagine myself at Stanford, but we all know that going to Stanford is more of a dream than anything:).
But when I think of the U, I get excited.
Admittedly, part of this excitement could be that the College of Engineering at the U came and did a hands on Engineering presentation today. I talked to one of the Engineering Ambassadors, Melanie, for a while about engineering at the U and her experience. It sounds awesome! She's going into Mechanical Engineering and is one of 3 girls in her graduating class. She said its amazing. I'm excited to go to HI-GEAR this summer so then I can really see what the campus and professors and everything is like.
Obviously, I'm not just going to research and see how I like it, I'll make it a matter of prayer as well, but for now, I'm really likin the U.

mechale lauren
No comments:
Post a Comment